Sunday, February 17, 2008

Research Essay Topic

The topic I have chosen to research is the original Blackberry phone. There are so many different types of Blackberry phones but I am focusing on the fact that it is an all-access phone. Besides just being a phone, it also provides access to the internet, and email which allows someone to be available at all times of the day. Therefore, my question is: Is it always a good thing to be available at all times? I'm a little concerned about my question being too broad. I figured that in order to narrow it down I would discuss the pros and cons of being available at all hours of the day. I think that narrows my topic down to the right size. Blackberry phones have become very popular over the years so I am confident that I will be able to find a sufficient amount of information on them. I also think that this topic can be debated both ways so it will keep me asking questions. I hope that my research will present more questions as well. This topic is obviously interesting to me and I hope that it would be for other people as well. I think if I found statistics like, how many hours a day someone typically spends on their Blackberry, then maybe it would spark the interest of others.
I have always been the one with the cheapest cell phone which is fine by me. However, that does not mean that I have not always dreamt of having a blackberry. Basically, I really like those phones and I was interested in researching more about it. It is also interesting to me because my dad, who is the most technologically challenged man on Earth, just recently got a Blackberry becasue his job supplied it. He suddenly turned into this whiz at email, cell phones, and sending pictures over the internet since his phone comes with a camera. He is teaching me things about his phone that I neer would ahve known so that is another big reason behind my interest in this topic. I hope that through my research I will be able to find out whether or not people prefer to be available at all times or not. It is not a perfect topic, but it is something to work with. I hope that I will be able to come up with good research that will give me a good paper.

No comments: